Friday, September 5, 2008
Its not worth it!
What is up with kids’ nowadays? Hmmm, I could not stop thinking. Don't they have anything better to do?
Well, just head down to Geylang, (the bazaars there) and see for yourselves.
On Wed, I was just alighting from the van to the Haig Road’s bus stop when I realized that I was caught in between two groups which were in the verge of fighting.
Here what happened:As I shake Zai's mum hand and thanking them for the lift, I headed to Nadirah's area at the bus stop. It was then, the guy at my right was shouting, "Ini baru sikit eh!" And I paused. I was like, "Hmmm, Huh?". Seconds later, I realized his comments were for the group of young guys who were on my right. Both groups were still staring each other. Despite the fierceness, the guy at my right (he appears more mature and older than the group to my left), seemed nice so I went near him and excuse myself to be out of their heavy argument. I said to him, “Tumpang lalu sekejab eh,” and he took few steps front for me to past him.
The small boys and girls, who were on my left, were still acting like strong human beings and continue the stares. I guess, eventually what the right guy gave or do to one of the left-side boy was too much for them to take, that they decided to flee the area before long. Few small girls in the left group were seen crying and all.
OMG! Doesn’t that teach you a lesson? Why must pretend big when you are still small. OMG, what was I doing when I was still secondary school?. Zaman bila lah masih nak gaduh gaduh?.
And then on Thursday, I was in Yishun when a whole group of Chinese small boys were chasing a couple of Chinese young boys with loud scream and vulgarity and they were dashing the roads as if they own it. OMG..
Don’t all these kids realize that their parents are at home? Their parents are working their ass off to get food on the table, clothes to wear and shelter to stay in? And so what if they were from a broken family. Is it a must to FIGHT?
Well, and few weeks ago when I was at Esplanade watching the fireworks, again a small boy who were in front of me with his group of small friends (again, they were lower secondary batch or upper secondary at least) were in their own world. They seem like doing nothing wrong. But moments later, we saw him walked past us with 3 plain clothes policemen beside him and his hands were handcuffed. Oh dear, it was 11 plus then. What will his parents and families be feeling when they opened the door and see him came home in the wee hours with handcuffed on?. Didn’t the kids at least think about that?.
Kids, there is no point in thinking that you must do something bad to make yourself feels big. What will you get? Satisfaction can come in, in a lot of ways. It does not necessarily be in the bad way only. Before you engage in anything illegal or harmful, think of your parents or your loved ones at least. Do YOU want them to feel the PAIN?
Feel pity for others because the ones you are beating is someone else’s kid or brother or sister or friend.
My advice is – ITS NOT WORTH IT!
Well, just head down to Geylang, (the bazaars there) and see for yourselves.
On Wed, I was just alighting from the van to the Haig Road’s bus stop when I realized that I was caught in between two groups which were in the verge of fighting.
Here what happened:As I shake Zai's mum hand and thanking them for the lift, I headed to Nadirah's area at the bus stop. It was then, the guy at my right was shouting, "Ini baru sikit eh!" And I paused. I was like, "Hmmm, Huh?". Seconds later, I realized his comments were for the group of young guys who were on my right. Both groups were still staring each other. Despite the fierceness, the guy at my right (he appears more mature and older than the group to my left), seemed nice so I went near him and excuse myself to be out of their heavy argument. I said to him, “Tumpang lalu sekejab eh,” and he took few steps front for me to past him.
The small boys and girls, who were on my left, were still acting like strong human beings and continue the stares. I guess, eventually what the right guy gave or do to one of the left-side boy was too much for them to take, that they decided to flee the area before long. Few small girls in the left group were seen crying and all.
OMG! Doesn’t that teach you a lesson? Why must pretend big when you are still small. OMG, what was I doing when I was still secondary school?. Zaman bila lah masih nak gaduh gaduh?.
And then on Thursday, I was in Yishun when a whole group of Chinese small boys were chasing a couple of Chinese young boys with loud scream and vulgarity and they were dashing the roads as if they own it. OMG..
Don’t all these kids realize that their parents are at home? Their parents are working their ass off to get food on the table, clothes to wear and shelter to stay in? And so what if they were from a broken family. Is it a must to FIGHT?
Well, and few weeks ago when I was at Esplanade watching the fireworks, again a small boy who were in front of me with his group of small friends (again, they were lower secondary batch or upper secondary at least) were in their own world. They seem like doing nothing wrong. But moments later, we saw him walked past us with 3 plain clothes policemen beside him and his hands were handcuffed. Oh dear, it was 11 plus then. What will his parents and families be feeling when they opened the door and see him came home in the wee hours with handcuffed on?. Didn’t the kids at least think about that?.
Kids, there is no point in thinking that you must do something bad to make yourself feels big. What will you get? Satisfaction can come in, in a lot of ways. It does not necessarily be in the bad way only. Before you engage in anything illegal or harmful, think of your parents or your loved ones at least. Do YOU want them to feel the PAIN?
Feel pity for others because the ones you are beating is someone else’s kid or brother or sister or friend.
My advice is – ITS NOT WORTH IT!
this heart of mine was broken at 10:48 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart