Thursday, January 1, 2009
Goodbye 2008, welcome 2009
I knew this person for a long while and I began the year of 2008 with him and eventually things happen (and although till date, we still contacted each other), things will never be the same: especially for me as there will always be an invisible wall between us.
I started my vacation job somewhere and I met another person but that didn’t last as believe there was no point in contacting when after days of knowing, he appeared rather scary. I rather let him go then getting myself emotionally attached.
That year was my final year in NUS. It was tough knowing that I would leave the ‘student’ title soon and I made plans to like study even harder for the last year. Something that I wished I could have done it earlier. Anyway, cannot have any regrets as things have happened.
Then I was with him. Someone that I wished I would not get involved with but god knows why I accepted him. We dated like late 2007 and the relationship lasted only less than three – four months. What upset me most WAS him! He was not even a right one. The fact that he kept appearing in my life after the break up was so hurtful and he was like threatening me and all and for a moment, home was not a home because I knew he would come and hunt me. There was a point in my life that I was scared of him. He was only officially off from my mind in early July. And I wished that he would never ever come back.
That year I celebrated my 1st year of getting a car license in May. It was an important day of my life. Rather then I spending the day spinning around, I decided a simple something with close friends. Thus we pay a visit to my beloved white tigers (we went Singapore Mandai Zoo and I just fall in love with them).
My elder sister got married in June 2008. I must say that I was pretty impressed with all the planning and on the two days itself. Those family and friends that have came to help, or even being presence on the event dates because my family or I have invited them; I want to say Thank You. Thank You for embracing an important day of their life with us. Now she is pregnant and I will be an aunt soon. I am pretty excited about it. It’s a boy =).
That year my friendship with this close guy friend of mine was so rocky. We talked less, we seldom contacted each other and we met once a while. He knows nothing about me now and what sadden me was that he was no longer that important guy in my life. I could not make him one as I know I am not in his already. I, myself could live a day or two or more, without calling him. And how I manage to did that? Perhaps his continuous absences have allowed me to do so.
My friendship with other guys and ladies were good though. Both ladies that I came to love have been amazing. They stood by me so constantly that year and I could not thank them enough. One is my best friend and she knows that I love her no matter what and since secondary school; our friendship has just grown stronger each day. Another is my good friend I made back in poly days. She is engaged now and I am so happy for her. I love her a lot too and I wish her the every best. The guys on the other hand either introduces their friends to me or they would have a regularly updates with me. For that too, I felt blessed. My good friend is now happy with his girl friend and I know she is nice for him and they both made a cute couple. Another guy is always there when I needed him and his presence is sincere and I thank him for that too. The others, well, I appreciate you guys as well.
That year I spent lots of time driving around. And I felt truly fortunate that I have great ones around to guide and teach me along the way. Still need more improvements but slowly, I know I will be a better driver.
The conditions at home were pretty unsteady that year. I have so many heart aches with people that it made me stayed away from home for a little while so as to cool things down. As much as I hated 2008 for many reasons, I knew I did not shed many tears. I used to be a ‘cry baby’ type of a person. And although I am still one now, I guess, the age has get into me a little. I am going to spend 2009 making closer and tighter bonds with family members.
Then I went to meet a new friend – my mentor. He kind of helped me a lot. That three hours spent with him has really given another light and I felt blessed. I cried and poured out many things to him but he taught me a lot in return.
Then all those ‘come and go’ guys came back. No offence, but for some of them, I do question their presence back in my life. For others, I do appreciate their returns. And to someone, over the years you fooled me with your smiles, I guess I would not be easily taken in now.
For once, my 24th birthday was celebrated in different way. I proposed for that and I was happy that people around me fulfilled it for me. I just wanted a simple and low profile celebration and I gotten that. Thank You.
Then I met this R&B guy that I sincerely wish I would have met him under different circumstances. He is indeed one genuine guy and I really wish to continue the friendship. I do like him, not as wanting to be with him. But I like him of him. He is very comfortable with his skin and very intellectual. I want to learn a lot from him and just that, nothing more.
School has been school. For one reason it was a joy and for another, it was a torture. Along the way there were some shoulders rubbed, arguments made, unhappiness felt and disagreements happened. But these could not come in line with the awesome friendship that friends have shared and created with each other. We took it that the journey for us was a bitter sweet. And I would not trade any of that with others. They are one group of friends that make it happen. And I thank them for the unconditional support.
And one thing for sure, I am not a person that pulls others down to climb up the ladder. I rather we all climbed up together or if there is only a vacancy for one person, we all try our outmost best and do it. Then I guess the best person wins. The world is not fair but if you do it right then it is good enough. That character of pulling others down is not in me.
Results that came out in late 2008 sadden me so much that I felt so demoralized and down and for that, I shed many tears. But then I read a friend’s blog and honestly, his entry had spiced things up for me. I like it when he said, “Stop, smell the rose and move on”. And I want to thank him for that. He is indeed one guy that is full of wisdom and is intellectual as well and his entries have never fail to inspire me indirectly.
My Love – LIVERPOOL is top of the table and the 19th title seems to be so close to reach. I will continue to love and support them. YNWA. And I am a proud reds fan.
2008 has indeed been a year where more dramas, heart aches, sadness and all the same adjectives unfolded. The things I gained in 2008 are my Bach Degree in Science, Real Estate and I thank those that supported me all the way – families, friends and loved ones. And definitely the closeness in relationship and friendship as well as the many new friends gained. I guess its all worth it. Life is short to have many miseries in it.
I am sure that my 2009 will kick in with a blast. I want more joy and happiness this year. Insya Allah, it will.
To all, may 2009 be a smooth year for you and your family.
“When you were born, You were crying and everyone around you were smiling, Life your life so that when you die,
You are smiling and everyone around you are crying…”
Loves,
Nish
I started my vacation job somewhere and I met another person but that didn’t last as believe there was no point in contacting when after days of knowing, he appeared rather scary. I rather let him go then getting myself emotionally attached.
That year was my final year in NUS. It was tough knowing that I would leave the ‘student’ title soon and I made plans to like study even harder for the last year. Something that I wished I could have done it earlier. Anyway, cannot have any regrets as things have happened.
Then I was with him. Someone that I wished I would not get involved with but god knows why I accepted him. We dated like late 2007 and the relationship lasted only less than three – four months. What upset me most WAS him! He was not even a right one. The fact that he kept appearing in my life after the break up was so hurtful and he was like threatening me and all and for a moment, home was not a home because I knew he would come and hunt me. There was a point in my life that I was scared of him. He was only officially off from my mind in early July. And I wished that he would never ever come back.
That year I celebrated my 1st year of getting a car license in May. It was an important day of my life. Rather then I spending the day spinning around, I decided a simple something with close friends. Thus we pay a visit to my beloved white tigers (we went Singapore Mandai Zoo and I just fall in love with them).
My elder sister got married in June 2008. I must say that I was pretty impressed with all the planning and on the two days itself. Those family and friends that have came to help, or even being presence on the event dates because my family or I have invited them; I want to say Thank You. Thank You for embracing an important day of their life with us. Now she is pregnant and I will be an aunt soon. I am pretty excited about it. It’s a boy =).
That year my friendship with this close guy friend of mine was so rocky. We talked less, we seldom contacted each other and we met once a while. He knows nothing about me now and what sadden me was that he was no longer that important guy in my life. I could not make him one as I know I am not in his already. I, myself could live a day or two or more, without calling him. And how I manage to did that? Perhaps his continuous absences have allowed me to do so.
My friendship with other guys and ladies were good though. Both ladies that I came to love have been amazing. They stood by me so constantly that year and I could not thank them enough. One is my best friend and she knows that I love her no matter what and since secondary school; our friendship has just grown stronger each day. Another is my good friend I made back in poly days. She is engaged now and I am so happy for her. I love her a lot too and I wish her the every best. The guys on the other hand either introduces their friends to me or they would have a regularly updates with me. For that too, I felt blessed. My good friend is now happy with his girl friend and I know she is nice for him and they both made a cute couple. Another guy is always there when I needed him and his presence is sincere and I thank him for that too. The others, well, I appreciate you guys as well.
That year I spent lots of time driving around. And I felt truly fortunate that I have great ones around to guide and teach me along the way. Still need more improvements but slowly, I know I will be a better driver.
The conditions at home were pretty unsteady that year. I have so many heart aches with people that it made me stayed away from home for a little while so as to cool things down. As much as I hated 2008 for many reasons, I knew I did not shed many tears. I used to be a ‘cry baby’ type of a person. And although I am still one now, I guess, the age has get into me a little. I am going to spend 2009 making closer and tighter bonds with family members.
Then I went to meet a new friend – my mentor. He kind of helped me a lot. That three hours spent with him has really given another light and I felt blessed. I cried and poured out many things to him but he taught me a lot in return.
Then all those ‘come and go’ guys came back. No offence, but for some of them, I do question their presence back in my life. For others, I do appreciate their returns. And to someone, over the years you fooled me with your smiles, I guess I would not be easily taken in now.
For once, my 24th birthday was celebrated in different way. I proposed for that and I was happy that people around me fulfilled it for me. I just wanted a simple and low profile celebration and I gotten that. Thank You.
Then I met this R&B guy that I sincerely wish I would have met him under different circumstances. He is indeed one genuine guy and I really wish to continue the friendship. I do like him, not as wanting to be with him. But I like him of him. He is very comfortable with his skin and very intellectual. I want to learn a lot from him and just that, nothing more.
School has been school. For one reason it was a joy and for another, it was a torture. Along the way there were some shoulders rubbed, arguments made, unhappiness felt and disagreements happened. But these could not come in line with the awesome friendship that friends have shared and created with each other. We took it that the journey for us was a bitter sweet. And I would not trade any of that with others. They are one group of friends that make it happen. And I thank them for the unconditional support.
And one thing for sure, I am not a person that pulls others down to climb up the ladder. I rather we all climbed up together or if there is only a vacancy for one person, we all try our outmost best and do it. Then I guess the best person wins. The world is not fair but if you do it right then it is good enough. That character of pulling others down is not in me.
Results that came out in late 2008 sadden me so much that I felt so demoralized and down and for that, I shed many tears. But then I read a friend’s blog and honestly, his entry had spiced things up for me. I like it when he said, “Stop, smell the rose and move on”. And I want to thank him for that. He is indeed one guy that is full of wisdom and is intellectual as well and his entries have never fail to inspire me indirectly.
My Love – LIVERPOOL is top of the table and the 19th title seems to be so close to reach. I will continue to love and support them. YNWA. And I am a proud reds fan.
2008 has indeed been a year where more dramas, heart aches, sadness and all the same adjectives unfolded. The things I gained in 2008 are my Bach Degree in Science, Real Estate and I thank those that supported me all the way – families, friends and loved ones. And definitely the closeness in relationship and friendship as well as the many new friends gained. I guess its all worth it. Life is short to have many miseries in it.
I am sure that my 2009 will kick in with a blast. I want more joy and happiness this year. Insya Allah, it will.
To all, may 2009 be a smooth year for you and your family.
“When you were born, You were crying and everyone around you were smiling, Life your life so that when you die,
You are smiling and everyone around you are crying…”
Loves,
Nish
this heart of mine was broken at 1:02 PM
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart
0 people tried to mend this shattered heart