Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i did not make it

So here it is, the real reason why I have not actively searching for a job. Well, I chose to remain quiet about it and only tell those who are / were close to me. (To Bro Darryl, you are important too but I prefer to meet you and talk about it so I kept it from you for a long while. Will tell you when I meet you ok?)

I have been going for airlines interviews. However, I did not make it in Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines. Thus, when mid January came, I bravely when for Emirates Airline interview. The first was held at Furama Riverfront Hotel on 10th January and I managed to make it through to the next round.

Came 18th January was my selection and assessment process. The interview(s) were held in Orchard Hotel as early as 8am that day and only ended at 8pm. From the 62 people making through for that day, only 17 were chosen to the next round. I am blessed that I was among the 17. The first round for that day was with the recruitment officers of Emirates where they did many analyzing as the candidates were busy discussing the questions given by them. Few random questions were asked in between as well. The second round was an English Test (inclusive of comprehension, vocabulary, and composition) – all in the space of 1 hour. And out of the 17, 14 made it through. The final round for that day was, solo questions asked by the two recruitment officers. And the figure that made it through the final interview was 10 for that day. The earlier day had sent 8 to the final interview.

Thus that means that Singapore receiving only 18 representatives to go through the final interview which was a one – to – two interviews with the ROs in Changi Business Park for the next 3 days. Mine was on 22nd January. And each interview would last for one hour or more.

Everything went smooth. Did a lot more tests – there were 16 Profiling Test (psychometric test) 182 questions altogether and logic test of 72 questions and many many many work-related questions.

The final results would only make known in 2-6 weeks times. So ya, I was patiently waiting. Slowly as days went by few of my friends who made it through the final round, received unsuccessful reply from Emirates. But mine did not come. In fact, I was given a form which I have to signed and email back to them. It was regarding the Image and Uniform. People who knew about it have been supportive and I could not thank them enough for that.

However, today came the long awaited reply. Mine was unsuccessful either. And true enough, I was upset. Not only I cried a lot but my buddies – brothers saw it all.

But I am ok now. No matter what the results were, I am blessed that I have made it that far. I am blessed for being the chosen 18. I am blessed for the given opportunity even if it was a short one.

Allow me to take this opportunity to thank my Family – especially my mum, dad, and siblings plus bro-in-law for being very (I mean very) supportive throughout the whole process and accepting my emotional roller coaster ride. Thanks for every single thing. And I heard you, I would not cry much. I promise.

I want to thank those Cousins that knew about it. Not all have been informed but that does not mean I am showing favoritism. All are important, just that I consult different cousins for different things. Thanks All for believing in me.

To Mariati – for being there and running around with me just to get things done. Thanks babe. I am proud of myself too. Love You.

To Mazlan – for believing me unconditionally and I cannot love you less for that.

To Nadirah – for being incredible and the support given was huge. Love you too.

To Bro Zulfaizal – for being around me. I will remember the faith you have in me.

To Muhd – for the encouragement.

To Huiyi, Diane, Priscillia and Huifan – for the constant messages and support.

To Auntie Begum – for the facial and make up and tips and support too.

To Auntie Sheeda, Suzana, Kawan-Kawan Mazlan, Chia Wei, Kah Hong, Kak Nadya, Joe and others who knew about it as well – thanks too for every word of encouragement.

To Aishah, Farhana, and Bao Chern – the 3 great friends I make during the Emirates interviews. You guys rock my world and I love you guys every single day. And we shall try again in a year’s time. I cannot believe that we see each other through the first interview, all the way to the last one. And we all could not make it together. Haha. Anyway, love you all much.

And of course, to my beloved buddies cum brothers who have been my weekly hanging out mates, sports mates, soccer mates, cooking mates, driving mates, surprising mates and many more – Edil and Gf, Yan Taro and Bash who have seen the worst of me when I did not get in (winkz). Thanks for the comfort. I know I owe you guys a lot. The support is so real and I know you guys are praying for me ever single day. So to Hidir and Syahirah, Yan and Basit – my heartfelt thanks.

I cried because I am sad that I did not make it but I know this will not pull me down. Because I believe that I am capable of everything if I put my heart to it and the sky is the only limit. Insya Allah, my rezeki is in other sector and this is not my rezeki yet.

Ps – One thing for sure, I will be there to witness my sis giving birth to my own nephew, I will be there for my convocation, I will be around my families and friends and I know, no one who knew I applied for the job, really want me to leave them. So to all, I am here to stay.

Thanks and I will not cry tomorrow. =)

Loves,
Nish

this heart of mine was broken at 6:01 AM
2 people tried to mend this shattered heart

Myself & I

    Nur Nishah

    I live most of my life loving, enjoying & supporting LIVERPOOL.
    I am a girl who is capable of being the nicest friend one could possibly get to becoming the worst bitch one could ever forget.
    I talk a lot, difficult to be with, stubborn, hot-tempered & big-headed.
    A cry baby when stress, mad, frustrated, pissed, angry, sad & happy.
    I love being different at times & able to be independant.
    I have lots DREAMS even if I know that I could not possibly achieve them.

    " DONT WALK BEHIND ME, I MAY NOT LEAD ! DONT WALK IN FRONT OF ME, I MAY NOT FOLLOW ! BUT WALK BESIDE ME COZ U 'LL NEVER WALK ALONE ! "

    What that does not kill you will make you stronger

Those Days


Tagboard